Sunday, July 6, 2014

Beware the Quick Fix

Being on the run can be tough.   Not only are you not home,  but you aren't near a refrigerator.   That being so,  it's hard to eat healthy and stay on diet.   When out and about,  if you are trying to stay the course,  it's easy to fall into the trap of a quick fix.

The other day,  it was the 4th of July.   I did ok when it came to the BBQ,  and stuck to meat and water.   Low carb,  high protein is the way I like to go. 

The day after,  I was running around all day having fun.   Did some shopping,  went to the pool,  and ran about town.   In this,  I forgot to account for my food. 

I needed to eat something while I was out,  but was low on options.   Fast food doesn't offer a real healthy selection.   Sure,  a grilled chicken sandwich here,  or a salad there,  but nothing truly healthy.  

I went to a Walgreens,  picking up some water,  and ended up eating a Gatorade "Protein"  bar.   I was really happy with its taste and ability to fill me up.    What I wasn't happy with is that it was really a carb bar.   The carbohydrates in that bar were much higher than the amount of protein.   Looked to be mostly rice,  to be honest.   350 Calories and they were mostly carbs.

This filling experience reminded me of something.   There is no substitute for actual food.   Veggies and lean meats are the best way to good.   Yes,  it's a whole lot more work.   So is exercise.   Putting In the work is how results happen.   In every aspect of life,  work is required for results to happen.

There is no quick fix!

-Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment